Through Frédéric Prot
Saturday June 26, 2021, the winners of the 7th La Baule Film and Film Music Festival were unveiled during a ceremony at the Atlantia convention center during which a tribute was paid to the composer Philippe Sarde for his 50-year career.
The jury, chaired by François Berléand and composed of Alice Taglioni, Déborah François, Hugo Becker and Matthieu Gonet, awarded 11 Ibis d’Or awards.
Two prizes for Le Triomphe with Kad Merad
– Ibis d’Or for best film: It is you that I was waiting for by Stéphanie Pillonca (with a special mention from the jury for the songs of Aurélie Saada). This doc immerses us in the intimacy of couples who wish to adopt a child and impatiently await the call that will change their lives. but it is also the story of Alexandra who searches by all means for her son born under X or Sylvian who fights every day to find his biological mother… Genre: documentary. Release date: December 22, 2021, duration: 1 h 27.
– Ibis d’Or for the best film music of the selection: Fred Avril for A triumph by Emmanuel Courcol with Kad Merad. The story: a struggling actor accepts to make ends meet to lead a theater workshop in prison. Surprised by the inmates’ talents as an actor, he took it into his head to put on a play with them on the stage of a real theater. Inspired by a true story. Genre: comedy. Release date: September 1, 2021, duration: 1 hour 45 minutes.
– Ibis d’Or for best actor: Pierre Lottin for A triumph by Emmanuel Courcol.
– Ibis d’Or for Best Actress: Tuppence Middleton for Fisherman’s Friends by Chris Foggin. The Story: Danny, a hip London music producer, travels to Cornwall for a bachelor party. His boss and friend challenged him to get the local fishermen to sign a contract for an album of sailors’ songs… Genre: comedy. Release date: July 7, 2021, duration: 1 h 52.
Spectators vote for Le Petit piaf
– Ibis d’Or Public Prize – Groupe Barrière: The Petit Piaf by Gérard Jugnot with Gérard Jugnot and Marc Lavoine. The story: In a village on Reunion Island, Nelson dreams of being a singer and has signed up for Star Kids. Her friend Mia, a street child, gets it into her head to find her an oach to help her prepare for the competition… Genre: family comedy. Release date: October 6, 2021 (source: Critical sense), duration: 1 h 36.
– Ibis d’Or for best short film – AG2R LA MONDIALE: Lavender by Alexandra Naoum. Sara, a rebellious teenager, spends the summer in a small lavender production run by Daniel and Annie, a couple who have custody of a nephew plunged into profound silence… Genre: drama. Duration: 12’50.
Price of films out of competition:
– Ibis d’Or special price “Spotlight” – UniversCiné: Milla by Shannon Murphy.
Film Music Award out of competition:
– Ibis d’Or Revelation Prize for young talented composer: Louis Viallet (from the CNSMD in Lyon).
– Ibis d’Or for Best Music – UCMF “Favorite” Prize: Jean-Benoit Dunckel for the music of the film Summer 85 by François Ozon.
– Ibis d’Or for Best Film Music of the Year: Bertrand Burgalat for the film Appearances by Marc Fitoussi.
– Ibis d’Or d’Honneur for a career devoted to film music: Philippe Sarde.
Has this article been useful to you? Note that you can follow L’Écho de la Presqu’île in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.